We are looking for talented people to join our growing team. Here you’ll find the current job openings at HealthFusion.
Application Support Engineer
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring all of our production server farms and processes, proactively addressing issues before they escalate, and ensuring the 24/7 uptime promised to our customers is a reality. This is a very hands-on and proactive position where we rely on the individual to raise the red flag before the customer gets a hint of any downtime. The Application Support Engineer will place high value on attention to detail and a feeling of pride and ownership of the quality of our product. Responsibilities include profiling client implementations to identify performance opportunities; building a test environment to utilize for core performance, load and capacity testing of web apps and REST API’s; test planning; evaluating queries for tuning/optimization opportunities; benchmarking; analyzing results and providing any recommendations for optimization; and reporting as applicable. The individual in this role will be central to ensuring we provide a high level of quality in our products for our customers that range in size. This engineer will also be responsible for working with software engineers, QA engineers, product owners, project managers, and other local team members.
- Investigate, reproduce, and resolve various technical problems related to application (Java), database, application servers, middleware, and operating systems
- Provide technical and application support to team members and customers.
- Log, track and update incidents when required. If necessary, document defects in ticketing system with accompanying screenshots and videos.
- Working closely with developers and QA team on code deployment to servers.
- Monitor high volume load balanced server farms.
- Adhere to team priorities and work well in an integrated developer/tester environment.
- Key role in developing tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- Assist customer support staff for diagnosis and resolution of application problems.
- Conduct research into root case, confirming defects and verifying fixes.
- Communicate with team members regarding product issues, including escalation of unknown or undocumented issues to product development.
- Maintaining and supporting web based applications in Production and Test environments.
- System and Support status reporting.
- Client satisfaction is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE. We are looking for a candidate with exceptional accountability and customer focus.
- This position is on-call 24/7 including weekend work. Due to two engineers; there will be an on-call rotation going forward. Expectation is to pick up the phone by third ring.
- 4+ years of development/testing/technical support experience.
- Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux/Windows operation system.
- Experience in Perl, shell scripts, etc.
- Basic knowledge of internet technologies such as XML, JS, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Experience with Java/J2EE and SQL.
- Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, workflow modeling, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems.
- S. in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Ability to interact with internal and external teams to diagnose and solve technical problems.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Proven ability to understand large systems, drilling down to code level.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a 24/7-production environment is a plus.